Internet filters blocking pornography have become big business lately. They’re great for providing a piece of mind for unsuspecting/ trusting parents and also for vulnerable adults.
But what about YOU the man of God? The man scripture calls a solider do you intend on staying chained forever to a filter or will you MAN-UP and learn to fight pornography like a man.
I do want to share some thoughts that I have on the matter.
1. Are you using a filter/blocker to stop porn excessing you or to stop you from excessing pornography?
2. Are these companies preying on your weakness? are they steeling your fight? will they make you lazy and complacent? are they fleecing you of your hard earned cash?
3. Do they actually equip men to fight/resist pornography?
4. Will you allow a filter to rob you of your testimony and God of His glory working through your circumstances?
5. Jesus sets you free, a filter will keep you in a slave mentally afraid to let go.
6. Do filters teach you biblical principles of crucifying the flesh, overcoming temptation, resisting the devil etc.
7. Read 2 Chronicles 16 and draw on your own conclusions.
Relying on a filter/blocker is basically a false economy, it may take the heat of you for a while but what will you do if you loose the signal, if you ever run into financial difficulties, and let’s face it we all do at some point your provider will pull the plug quicker than it took you to sign up and then how are you going to cope and manage on your own?
Gen 3x The power of deliverance belongs to God not an internet filter.