How Big is Porn?
As a child sitting through my Sunday school classes, I was always thrilled to hear the story of King David killing Goliath. Sitting there, my imagination would run riot about how big and fierce this guy was and how he would mock God in front of His presence and get away with it. Well, we all know the story, God raised up David, the most unlikely hero and Goliath was slain by him. That was that, job done, no more mocking my God – not until a new giant came upon the scene. Pornography, a giant, just like the last one, is mocking and taunting God and keeping His army in fear because they didn’t know how to handle it approach it and more importantly slay it.
Pornography is a multi-billion dollar bully/industry that thrives on working through loop-holes, with no clear definition or governing body to regulate it or more importantly enforce it. Pornography’s strength lies behind the separate and divide rule. What is tolerated in some regions of the world, like bestiality and violent porn will not be tolerated in others, while the age of purchasing porn in some countries could be as low as 15, in others you could end up facing the death penalty. And the money that is up for grabs greedy politicians will never find enough morality to say no.
The size of the pornography industry is mind boggling. It is an incredibility lucrative business in sexual exploitation that thrives on never satisfying the consumer.
Steve Orenstein, president of Wicked Pictures, “You have to try really hard to lose money in this business”
Is it any wonder with the cash that is being spent on it!
- Every second $3,000 or £2,000 is being spent on porn.
- Every second 28.258 Internet users are viewing porn.
- Every second 372 Internet users are typing adult search terms into search engine.
- Every 39 minutes a new pornographic movie is being created in the United States that adds up to 150 new releases every week. If you watched porn 24 hours a day, it would take several years just to get through the 13,558 hard-core titles released last year as opposed to Hollywood’s mere 400 movies.
- 2 Million Pornographic websites.
- 420 million Pornographic pages.
- 68 million daily porn search engine requests.
- 5 billion Daily porn emails sent.
- 7% of internet users who view porn.
- 5 billion Monthly porn downloads.
- 72 million monthly visitors to porn websites.
- Internet sales 4.9 billion dollars.
- 100,000 websites offer illegal child porn – it has become one of the fastest growing businesses online.
- 000 daily child pornography requests worth over 3 billion alone in 2005
- Web pages US 244.661.900, UK is 3rd with 8.506.800. 33% of internet users in the UK search for porn
– It’s all about the money –
- China spends the most on porn, with a staggering $27.40 billion a year, followed by S. Korea with 25.73 Billion. Japan 19.98 next is US, Australia and then the UK 6th with 1.97 billion spent on the filth.
- Globally the annual revenue of pornography exceeds 97 billion dollars, that’s bigger than the revenue of the top tech companies Micro Soft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo, Apple, Netflix, and Earth Link combined.
- In the US there are more adult outlets for hard core porn than McDonalds restaurants almost on a 3:1 basis.
- Pornographic products out sell nappies 2-1 and more money is spend in strip clubs than on Broadway shows, Regional Theatres and orchestral performances,
- And also, more than Americans spend on Baseball, basket ball and football combined.
– Business or pleasure –
Scott Maslow from Pornication, “Rich people go where the money is, so it was only a matter of time until morality got thrown out the window”. So porn has moved into the boardroom as well.
General Motors, the world’s largest company, was at one time earning more money through a company that it owned called TV Direct, selling porn via cable to homes across America, than it was at producing and selling cars. In fact, they were selling more explicit films than hustler.
Hotel chains have also jumped on the band wagon. Up to 50% of customers rent porn and nearly 70% of their overall profits from room services come from hiring porn movies. And not forgetting all those broadband providers who are also raking it in.
To be realistic, the pornography industry is probably set to grow even bigger and stronger, by intimidating those who oppose it and lining the pockets of those who smooth the way for it. The only organisation that can stand up to this threat is the body of Christ, it can’t be bought or bribed by it’s millions. It can’t fall under it’s seducing hypnotic powers of lust and free sex. The bigger this porn industry grows, the greater the glory will be given to Christ as He pulls it down. Click here for So how big is Porn? Prayer
Gen 3x – Addicted to Porn?
“Hear, O Israel, Ye Approach This Day Unto Battle Against Your Enemies: Let Not Your Hearts Faint, Fear Not, And Do Not Tremble, Neither Be Ye Terrified Because Of Them. “Deuteronomy 20v3